Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Model Trains Forever especially N scale

I don't know exactly when or how it happened. Perhaps it was those early childhood years and that first tyco train set that grandpa gave me. Yeah I am pretty sure that was it... Anyhow, my big dream of being a niche importer has somewhat dissipated into my personal hobby of model railroading. So much so that I have been slowly selling off all those  other money makers that have served me well at times. It isn't that I don't enjoy other things... It is that I realized that there simply isn't enough time to enjoy them all the way they deserve( or the way I would like). This moment of simplification happened suddenly and surprisingly even to me. Not to discredit my years of contacts and extended relationships at all, just to take a narrow focus and concentrate on the one constant that has been with me the whole journey in life. The one thing that allows me to step outside of my reality even for but a moment and escape whatever ails me at the time. It is my drug of choice, my addiction, my life and one day my end at some point. But it is
my world that I can leave behind, that if the right person pays attention will find that piece or pieces of me built into this 
miniature world of model railroading...

No comments: