Thursday, March 19, 2015

Granny's Homestead Corner 2.0

 

Decided to try and make a  paved crossing on the corner of the Shasta Line today. I remember now why I didn't like it the last time I did one. It is a definite weakness in my skill level. Perhaps it's the coloration and frosting cake look. I could probably build it up some more on the out side. I added granny's homestead to the entry of the town on the corner. It was plain otherwise. Should I get the rest of my roads paved or stick with gravel roads..? That is the question.
Well, that question was answered through the mulling and trolling over of various FB group inquiries about how my initial road turned out... Ask for feedback and the purists will certainly give it to you. I am one who is stuck in the middle, I love realism, but mixed with whimsical fantasy. I think the "it is my layout and I will do what I want"comes in to play when I don't like the answer given by fellow modelers. I think every modeler has that within their ego and narcissistic diatribe, so that is ok. Anyways, the last two photos show my day two update to du ones dissatisfaction.  It might even have an updated 3.0 version, who knows, but for now it is infinitely improved... At least to me and some of the purists who gave their ten cents worth of criticism.... Model on





No comments: